Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tomorrow's Song

On twitter, @jonforeman (of Switchfoot fame) laid down the challenge today for followers to write a song with the title "Tomorrows Song".
So this is my effort. It's supposed to show solidarity and support for a friend who's going through tough times (and I have a few of those right now) and how we shold be there for each other.
(spot the Delirious? songs which helped inspired a few of the lyrics)

Tomorrow's Song
I sing this song for you
To help you getting through
The beartraps and the quicksands that this world lays out in front of you
To say I'm by your side
Along this bumpy ride
Through everything that makes your head say you should run and hide
I'll be right here at your shoulder
To help you be a little bolder
Together we can climb this mountain high, or stare the monster down

I pray you will be strong
I'll help you carry on
The darkest hour's over, turn your face towards the dawn
Each one of us can help the other, when everything's gone wrong
And I might need for you to help me sing tomorrow's song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home